Being funny is one great skill that can attract people to you. Of course, we all love to laugh and we love company who can make us laugh. With laughter, we feel a positive vibe between us, break awkwardness, make people want you, and of course, it makes us get rid of or problems. If you want to learn to be funny and be more attractive to people around you, read on for more tips.
– Learn it. Yes, it can be a natural talent for some but if you want to learn to be funny, you can at least learn it or cultivate your sense of humor.
Learn how to see the funny side of things and learn when to give a witty remark. Learn from funny people. Watch funny movies and shows. Learn the things that many people find funny and make sure you learn from the best comedians. You can also get yourself some funny books to read and get ideas. Try to learn some funny words as well. Expressions can also be funny.
– Be keen and observant. You can actually find a lot of funny materials that you can use from everyday activities and even from your own mistakes, to celebrities, to your job… you can actually find a lot of good material for humor. If you have learned from best comedians and from the movies you watch and funny stories you’ve read, you will have an idea what to find in a humorous story. Lies can be funny. Political lies can be funny as well. The unexpected is funny – a groom that slipped on the way to the altar, and sometimes even pain can be funny.
– Find proper timing. Timing is important also if you want to learn to be funny. Punch lines should be given at the right timing. When you just had a hilarious conversation with your friends and an hour later you have thought about something that is funny, saying it after everything has calmed down and the laughter has died down may not be funny anymore. To be funny, you have to be quick as well.
– Practice delivering funny lines. To learn to be funny is not just about gathering funny materials that you can share. Even if you do think you have the funniest jokes collected, if you don’t know how to deliver them, they may end up just like an ordinary story. You can make funny faces, have a distinct style or something unconventional in your ways, or get some props for your ‘funny image’.
– Know your audience. Aside from proper timing, you also have to get familiar with your audience. Of course, funny lines and jokes that are not inappropriate for the audience may not be funny to them after all. S*x jokes, stereotypes and ethnic jokes may not be appropriate for certain audiences, so make sure also that you are in the right place for such jokes.
Have fun. If you are having fun with your funny stories and jokes, you end up vibrating a positive atmosphere to our audience and that alone can make a big difference in being funny.